Motivational Quotes That Will Inspire You to Succeed
If anyone has ever told you they go through life without a single obstacle bringing them down, then he or she is lying. Life is all about the ups and the downs, some higher and some lower. The fact is, these obstacles can deter our spirits, and sometimes all it takes is a little motivation to get back on track. Sources of motivation come from all over but here are ten in the form of quotes to get you on top again.
1. Our life is frittered away by detail…simplify, simplify – Henry David Thoreau
The complexities of today’s society are overwhelming and increasingly so. It’s easy to get caught up in the commotion and lose sight of oneself. This quote will help you take a step back, analyze the unnecessary stress in your life, and move on with a stripped-down, clear mind.
2. Failure is a success if we learn from it – Malcolm Forbes
Once you have that clear mind, you can begin to see the benefits of failure. Failure should be a welcomed event as it provides an opportunity to grow. Every successful person has failed and will continue to fail. As long as you embrace those failures, improve upon them, and learn then no problem will be too large.
3. Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it – Bruce Lee
This is another quote tied to the complexities of society. Without global culture becoming more and more unified due to social media, it seems that individual personality is being lost. People are seeing a specific way they think they should look or act and strive for that. Of course, that is not natural and some people become very troubled when they realize they can not become this unrealistic figure. Instead, you should always strive to be yourself. That is where your uniqueness and beauty lie. The more comfortable you are in your own skin, the more confident you will feel.
4. Be more dedicated to making solid achievements than in running after swift by synthetic happiness – A.P.J Abdul Kalam
Synthetic happiness is available in all types of forms, but it merely provides temporary relief. Seek out those achievements that provide long-term satisfaction and you will succeed.
5. Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated – Lou Holtz
While it may be easier said than done, Lou Holtz makes a good point here. Surround yourself with like-minded, motivated individuals, and don’t let those stuck in a rut bring you down.
6. Business opportunities are like buses. There’s always another one coming – Richard Branson
We all miss the bus from time to time, but keep your head up and get on the next one. Who knows? Perhaps that next bus will be better anyway.
7. Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work – Aristotle
You can’t force motivation in certain situations. If you are doing something you don’t believe in, odds are that will have an effect on your mood. Put your energy into what interests you and the motivation will follow suit.
8. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm – Ralph Waldo Emerson
The concept of the last quote was so important, that we wanted to share another point of view on the topic.
9. The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success – Bruce Feirstein
Skeptical about pursuing something because you’re afraid of what your peers think? Go for it, for if you succeed, you will be praised.
10. Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor – Truman Capote
We wouldn’t know the taste of a good meal if we had nothing to compare it to. In other words, embrace failure.